LDA’s Executive Function Skill Building sessions are for those with executive function challenges, including ADHD, ADD, learning disabilities, and other learning differences.
The sessions help students build the skills necessary to be successful and independent learners in middle school, high school and post-secondary education. Some of the skills our tutors work on students with include:
- Organizing materials such as notebooks, folders, assignments, personal planners
- Organizing information such as note-taking and summarizing
- Study skills, with practice applied to current assignments and curriculum
- Time management including task analysis
Benefits of LDA’s Executive Function Skill Building
Our program empower young people to:
- Improve organization and time management skills
- Learn to prioritize
- Develop independence
- Discover and maximize their strengths
- Learn important self-advocacy skills
- Increase confidence
Parents will benefit by:
- Removing themselves from the “nagging” role
- Taking homework and time management issues out of their relationship with their child
- Empowering their child to take on greater responsibility
Our team of special educators and ADHD experts will help each student by developing specific goals for their time together, including goals for utilizing their new skills within their current academic setting.
LDA has a popular Executive Function Skill Building 6-hour Course with a cohort of middle or high school peers grades 6-8 or 9-12. Youth receive additional time and instruction in a small group of 2-3 of their peers with similar challenges.
LDA’s Fall 2019 Course Dates:
Fall Saturday Sessions (4 sessions)
- Saturday Session 1: 9/21/2019, 9/28/2019, 10/5/2019, & 10/12/2019
- Saturday Session 2: 10/26/2019, 11/2/2019, 11/9/2019, & 11/16/2019
Middle School 10:00-11:30 am / High School 12:00-1:30 pm
Sessions are held at LDA Minnesota in Golden Valley. Our team will be providing instruction using research-based strategies and will customize these skills for each youth participant.
Price: $340 for 6 hours of service (4 sessions)
Contact us to sign up for your preferred session or call us at 952-582-6000
Don’t wait to register! Our classes run only when a minimum number of students registers. We cancel for low enrollment 3-5 business days before the start date.