LDA’s Executive Function Skill Building sessions are for those with executive function challenges, including ADHD, ADD, learning disabilities, and other learning differences.
The sessions help students build the skills necessary to be successful and independent learners in middle school, high school, and post-secondary education. Some of the skills our tutors work on students with include:
- Organizing materials such as notebooks, folders, assignments, personal planners
- Organizing information such as note-taking and summarizing
- Study skills, with practice applied to current assignments and curriculum
- Time management including task analysis
Benefits of LDA’s Executive Function Skill Building
Our program empowers young people to:
- Improve organization and time management skills
- Learn to prioritize
- Develop independence
- Discover and maximize their strengths
- Learn important self-advocacy skills
- Increase confidence
Parents will benefit by:
- Removing themselves from the “nagging” role
- Taking homework and time management issues out of their relationship with their child
- Empowering their child to take on greater responsibility
Our team of special educators and ADHD experts will help each student by developing specific goals for their time together, including goals for utilizing their new skills within their current academic setting.
A parent recently shared with us, “The Executive Functioning Skill Building class was just what we needed for our 8th grade son. When I read the class description about how as a parent to remove yourself from the nagging role, I was hopeful. What this course provided to my son and I was so much more. For the first time, he understands that he isn’t alone with his ADD struggles – not being organized, not remembering to do the homework, when he has done the homework, forgetting to turn it in, etc.
Sign up for our small group workshop!
LDA has a popular Executive Function Skill Building 6-hour Course with a cohort of middle or high school peers in grades 6-8 or 9-12. Youth receive additional time and instruction in a small group of 2-4 of their peers with similar challenges.
Price: $340 for 6 hours of service.
Summer Workshop Dates:
September 25, September 30, October 2 and October 7
November 27, December 2, December 4, December 9
Complete our application form to get on the list for Summer and Fall sessions.
Don’t wait to register! Our classes run only when a minimum number of students register.
Interested in the course or have any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 952-582-6000.