LDA’s Executive Function Skill Building sessions are for those with executive function challenges, including ADHD, ADD, learning disabilities, and other learning differences.
The sessions help students build the skills necessary to be successful and independent learners in middle school, high school, and post-secondary education. Some of the skills our tutors work on students with include:
- Organizing materials such as notebooks, folders, assignments, personal planners
- Organizing information such as note-taking and summarizing
- Study skills, with practice applied to current assignments and curriculum
- Time management including task analysis
Benefits of LDA’s Executive Function Skill Building
Our program empowers young people to:
- Improve organization and time management skills
- Learn to prioritize
- Develop independence
- Discover and maximize their strengths
- Learn important self-advocacy skills
- Increase confidence
Parents will benefit by:
- Removing themselves from the “nagging” role
- Taking homework and time management issues out of their relationship with their child
- Empowering their child to take on greater responsibility
Our team of special educators and ADHD experts will help each student by developing specific goals for their time together, including goals for utilizing their new skills within their current academic setting.
Please note that we currently have a waitlist for all of our 1:1 services. We thank you for your patience.
Sign up for our small group workshop!
Our COVID-19 policies are here.
LDA has a popular Executive Function Skill Building 4-hour Course with a cohort of middle or high school peers in grades 6-8 or 9-12. Youth receive additional time and instruction in a small group of 2-4 of their peers with similar challenges.
Price: $240 for 4 hours of service.
Summer Workshop Dates
Sessions are being planned for July and August. Complete our application form to get on the list of interested students for the summer workshops.
Middle School will meet from 10:00 -11:00 am.
High school will meet from 11:15-12:15 pm.
Don’t wait to register! Our classes run only when a minimum number of students register.
Interested in the course or have any questions? Contact us at email@example.com or call us at 952-582-6000.