If you want to become a well-trained, highly qualified special education teacher, we invite you to consider LDA.
We require the following criteria for entrance into teacher candidate programs at LDA Minnesota:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited higher education institution (does not need to be in the education field but does need to be from an accredited institution)
- Completed application to LDA Minnesota’s program
- 1-2 page single-spaced personal statement expressing why you are interested in special education. If your GPA is below 2.0, please address that in your personal statement.
- Resume and two letters of recommendation submitted with application. These recommendations can be from previous supervisors, colleagues, or instructors who may speak to your potential to be a good special education teacher and succeed in graduate-level courses.
- Official transcript from undergraduate institution
- Passing scores on the Minnesota NES Essential Academic Skills exams in reading, writing, and math (not the pedagogy or content). Original scores will be submitted to LDA Minnesota.(*during COVID-19, these tests may not be available, LDA will accept scores after enrollment)
- Interview with LDA Minnesota Program Manager and/or small panel
Download the Application for LDA ABS license and apply today!
Or, complete our online Application Form.
Applicants are required to submit two recommendations. Recommendations can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or Recommenders may use on online Recommendation Form.
Do you have questions about our application? Please call us at 952-582-6000 or email email@example.com. We are happy to help!
Fall 2020 Semester Enrollment:
LDA’s staff review applications when they are received. Early application is encouraged. LDA will provide early acceptance of candidates to the program in rolling basis after application requirements have been met.
- Aug. 3, 2020 Application Deadline for LDA Minnesota’s licensure programs
- Aug. 10-14 LDA will Interview candidates
- Aug. 17 LDA will send letters of acceptance to candidates
- Aug. 24 Candidates must Confirm Intent to Enroll in LDA’s Program
- Aug. 26 Orientation
- Sept 8 Classes Start