If you want to become a well-trained, highly qualified special education teacher, we invite you to consider LDA.
We require the following criteria for entrance into teacher candidate programs at LDA Minnesota:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited higher education institution (does not need to be in the education field but does need to be from an accredited institution). More information about approved degree granting institutions can be found under Degree Requirements.
- LDA needs an official transcript from undergraduate institution sent to us. If your institution sends them via email, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, our mailing address is: 6100 Golden Valley Road, Golden Valley, MN 55422
- Completed application to LDA Minnesota’s program. Application includes a 1-2 page single-spaced personal statement expressing why you are interested in special education. If your GPA is below 2.0, please address that in your personal statement.
- Complete our online Application Form.
- Resume and two letters of recommendation submitted with application.
- Email your Resume to email@example.com
- Recommendations can be from previous supervisors, colleagues, or instructors who may speak to your potential to be a good special education teacher and succeed in graduate-level courses. Recommendations can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or recommenders may use our online Recommendation Form.
- Passing scores on the Minnesota NES Essential Academic Skills exams in reading, writing, and math (not the pedagogy or content). Original scores will be submitted to LDA Minnesota.(*during COVID-19, these tests may not be available, LDA will accept scores after enrollment)
- ACT, SAT or GRE scores may also be accepted. Contact LDA to learn more about submitting these scores.
- Interview with LDA Minnesota Program Manager and/or small panel. We’ll contact you to schedule after receiving your Application Form.
Do you have questions about our application? Please call us at 952-582-6000 or email email@example.com. We are happy to help!
Spring 2023 Enrollment:
LDA’s staff review applications when they are received. Candidates may start during our Spring Semester on a part-time basis and join the next Fall cohort of teacher candidates.
Fall 2023 Enrollment:
LDA’s staff review applications when they are received. Early application is encouraged. LDA will provide early acceptance of candidates to the program on a rolling basis after application requirements have been met.
- May 19, 2023 Deadline for early admission to LDA Minnesota’s licensure programs with no application fee.
- June 23, 2023 Deadline for admission with $25 application fee.
- August 1, 2023 Deadline for admission with $75 application fee.
- Aug. 21, 2023 Candidates must Confirm Intent to Enroll in LDA’s Program.
- Aug. 23, 2023 New Candidate Orientation
- Sept 5, 2023 Classes Start
Deposit of $200 is required at time of enrollment. Deposit fee will be applied to first tuition invoice. No refunds for deposit, unless the candidate defers enrollment.