The sessions help students build the skills necessary to be successful and independent learners in middle school, high school and post-secondary education. Some of the skills our coaches work on with students include:
- Organizing materials such as notebooks, folders, assignments, personal planners
- Organizing information such as note-taking and summarizing
- Study skills, with practice applied to current assignments and curriculum
- Time management including task analysis
Benefits of LDA's Executive Function Skill Building:
Our program empowers young adults to:
- Improve organization and time management skills
- Learn to prioritize
- Develop independence
- Discover and maximize their strengths
- Learn important self-advocacy skills
- Increase confidence
Parents will benefit by:
- Removing themselves from the "nagging" role
- Taking homework and time management issues out of their relationship with their child
- Empowering their child to take on greater responsibility
Our team of Special Educators and ADHD experts will help each student by developing specific goals for their coaching sessions, including goals for utilizing their new skills within their current academic setting.
New this year! Sign up for our Executive Function Skill Building 6-hour Course with a co-hort middle or high school peers grades 6-8 and 9-12. Youth receive additional time and instruction in a small group of their peers.
LDA's summer schedule includes sessions for high school students and middle school students. We're offering options in June, July & August:
- June 19th through June 30th: Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 5:15 - 6:15pm for Middle School students or 6:30 - 7:30pm for High School students
- July 11th through July 27th: Tuesday & Thursday from 11am - 12 noon Middle School Students or 12:30 - 1:30pm High School
- July 11th through July 27th: Tuesday & Thursday from 5:15 - 6:15pm Middle School Students or 6:30 - 7:30 pm High School
- August 7th through August 10th: Monday through Thursday daily from 10:30am - 12:00 noon Middle School Students or 12:30 - 2:00pm High School
- August 14th through August 17th: Monday through Thursday daily from 10:30am - 12:00 noon Middle School Students or 12:30 - 2:00pm High School
- August 21st through August 24th: Monday through Thursday daily from 10:30am - 12:00 noon Middle School Students or 12:30 - 2:00pm High School
Sessions are held at LDA Minnesota. Our special educators will be providing instruction using research-based strategies and help to customize these skills for each youth participant.
Or, sign up for our traditional one-to-one service. We suggest starting out with 5 sessions and determining if goals have been met by the 5th session or if additional sessions are needed.
Price: $70/session (45 minutes of direct service and 15 minutes of follow-up communications)
Package of 5 sessions and follow-up: $350
If you are interested in our Executive Function Skill Building services, please email Eve Wolfe with your name, address and telephone number or call 952-582-6000.