LDA Minnesota is seeking a leader in special education to join our team.
The full-time Program Co-Director and Teacher Educator position works collaboratively in LDA’s Teacher Prep & Licensure Program and leads our Diagnostic Assessments for LD & ADHD.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Teacher Educator” in the subject line of your email.
This position will:
- Collaborate with colleagues to deliver LDA’s Alternative Teacher Prep & Licensure Program:
- Deliver coursework in the Teacher Preparation Program
- Support and advise assigned teacher candidates and adjunct faculty
- Lead the team in program evaluation, reporting and compliance, and future planning
- Serve as LDA’s Licensing Officer by recommending candidates for licensure to the Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board.
- Supervise and lead a team of educators and psychologists in the identification of specific learning disabilities, ADHD, and other cognitive disorders—along with recommendations for accommodations in work, school, or exams—through testing and interpretation, and presentation of results to adults and families of students.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Masters Degree in Special Education and a current Minnesota Special Education teaching license with a minimum of 8 years of successful experience teaching students with mild to moderate disabilities at both secondary and elementary levels. Preferred licenses include ABS and SLD.
- Experience in one or more of the following: leading teachers within a school setting, teaching college level teacher candidates, providing training to groups of teachers, professionals and parents, and adult learners.
- Working familiarity with IEPs, 504 Plans, Multi Tiered Systems of Support, and Universal Design for Learning.
- Ability to work effectively with teacher candidates, children, adolescents, adults and parents representing diversity of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual preference, cultural background, and educational level.
- Experience in assessing for disabilities and/or supervising a team in evaluating for learning disabilities and special education
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
December 31, 2020