Our learning assessment identifies cognitive and academic achievement strengths and weaknesses and quantifies the level of skill gaps in reading, writing or mathematics. The price of our Learning Assessment is $1,075. For an additional $400, LDA Minnesota can assess for the presence of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Review our Assessment Options.
LDA's testing includes a comprehensive report and feedback session that is geared to planning the implementation of recommendations that are specific to the needs of the individual so he/she can improve their learning rate or outcome.
Our testing is affordable and comprehensive. Assessments are conducted by team of professionals including a licensed psychologist and special educator. Email us or call 952-582-6000 to receive our Guided Interview form to start the assessment process. No referral is needed.
What does a Learning Assessment provide?
- May confirm or rule out a Learning Disability or ADHD
- Screens for mental health and medical conditions that interfere with learning
- Profiles functioning in the areas assessed
- Recommends specific follow-up and/or accommodations, if warranted
- Provides a written summary of findings and recommendations
What will be evaluated during a Learning Assessment?
- Cognitive functioning
- Academic skills in reading, writing and mathematics
- Reason for referral and/or current concerns or goals
- Developmental, social, family, education and work history
- Focus, attention, persistence with task, attitude towards learning
ADHD assessments include all of the above, plus:
- Current level of functioning at home, school, social and work
- Evaluation of attention, focus and concentration
- Direct observation by a licensed psychologist
- Evaluation of family history specific to attention difficulties and learning
- Screening for co-existing conditions
Benefits of LDA's Assessments:
- Quick appointment and three-week report turn-around time
- Research-based tests, protocols and tools to determine eligibility for special education or a 504 Plan for accommodations at school or work
- Adherence to "best practices" standards for asessments as determined by the American Psychological Association (APA)
- Information, recommendations, tools, and resources to assist in educational, transitional, or vocational planning and accommodations
- Clearly written comprehensive report that includes customized recommendations for improving learning rate and outcome
- Profile of intellectual functioning, highlighting academic strengths and weaknesses as well as processing or memory problems
- Confirmation or rule-out of a learning disorder, ADHD, or other learning-related problems
Email us or call 952-582-6000 to receive our Guided Interview form to start the assessment process. No referral is needed.
Read more Assessment FAQ's.
Are you or your student, family member, or client at risk of a learning disorder?
Download our Risk Factor Checklist
For more information, email LDA Minnesota or call 952-582-6000.