Our learning assessment identifies cognitive and academic achievement strengths and weaknesses and quantifies the level of skill gaps in reading, writing or mathematics. The price of our Learning Assessment is $985. For an additional $365, LDA Minnesota can assess for the presence of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Review our Assessment Options.
LDA's testing includes a comprehensive report and feedback session that is geared to planning the implementation of recommendations that are specific to the needs of the individual so he/she can improve their learning rate or outcome.
What does a Learning Assessment provide?
- May confirm or rule out a Learning Disability or ADHD
- Screens for mental health and medical conditions that interfere with learning
- Profiles functioning in the areas assessed
- Recommends specific follow-up and/or accommodations, if warranted
- Provides a written summary of findings and recommendations
What will be evaluated during a Learning Assessment?
- Cognitive functioning
- Academic skills in reading, writing and mathematics
- Reason for referral and/or current concerns or goals
- Developmental, social, family, education and work history
- Focus, attention, persistence with task, attitude towards learning
ADHD assessments include all of the above, plus:
- Current level of functioning at home, school, social and work
- Evaluation of attention, focus and concentration
- Direct observation by a licensed psychologist
- Evaluation of family history specific to attention difficulties and learning
- Screening for co-existing conditions
Benefits of LDA's Assessments:
- Quick appointment and three-week report turn-around time
- Research-based tests, protocols and tools to determine eligibility for special education or a 504 Plan for accommodations at school or work
- Adherence to "best practices" standards for asessments as determined by the American Psychological Association (APA)
- Information, recommendations, tools, and resources to assist in educational, transitional, or vocational planning and accommodations
- Clearly written comprehensive report that includes customized recommendations for improving learning rate and outcome
- Profile of intellectual functioning, highlighting academic strengths and weaknesses as well as processing or memory problems
- Confirmation or rule-out of a learning disorder, ADHD, or other learning-related problems
Read more Assessment FAQ's.
Are you or your student, family member, or client at risk of a learning disorder?
Download our Risk Factor Checklist